March 9, 2011

Wednesday Whim - Free Floating

cher.carrie

Ah-hem, without trying to date myself too much here, the first time I had closet-envy was when I saw Cher Horowitz's closet in the movie, Clueless.  Remember that?  The rotating racks and the computer generated self image of Cher dressing herself in the morning?  It was so whimsical.

Fast forward to my late teens and early adulthood, and I wanted Carrie Bradshaw's enviable closet in the series, Sex and the City.  I loved the hallway appeal leading to the bathroom.  Or as Carrie put it, her two escape routes.  And don't even start with her TWO closets in the Sex and the City movies (her un-used and un-lived home and then the lived-in and moved-in home).

Perhaps the closet-envy is why I have this strange fascination with hanging clothing in windows and against walls.  They just look so glamorous to me.  The effortless draping and the emphasis of style and textile all attract me.  

Thanks to the fabulous photography featured on The Coveteur, I can perpetuate my love for clothes on a hanger a bit longer.  Now, if only I can grab hold of those clothes, too!


hillarykerr
Images via The Coveteur

kath.power
Images via The Coveteur

syl.ward.durrett
Images via The Coveteur

tracy.taylor
Images via The Coveteur



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...