December 15, 2010

Don't Judge a Book By It's Cover...

Selective shot of my books
Shopping for gifts has always been a challenging task for me.  I never know if the gift I chose is the "right" gift.  The holidays multiply this anxiety since there are many more people to shop for.  That's why I truly adore gifting books.  For true fashionistas, a book collection is never complete without some of the following:

Available at Amazon, List Price $25.00
The Sartorialist.  Scott Schuman is an amazing photographer and his photos have made it to the presses for the mass audience.  When his book first came out, I jumped to get a copy and was able to meet him at a book signing.  That. Was. The. Greatest. Day!

Available at Amazon, List Price $18.95
Who What Wear.  The lovely ladies (Hillary Kerr and Katherine Power) who run the blog by the same name have put their knowledge into a great book.  All the things you love from the blog in an adorable hand-held size.  The best thing:  I was fabulously surprised the copy I purchased from Gilt Groupe was signed!

Available at Amazon, List Price $35.00
Influence.  The fashionable trend-setting twins published a fun coffee table book with interviews from influential members of the fashion world.  There's great insight into the creative minds of all the designers we have come to adore.

Available at Amazon, List Price $23.99
Look Book:  What to Wear for Every Occasion.  The incredible judge from Project Runway and the Fashion Director for Marie Claire magazine has written tips and tricks to looking fabulous at every moment.  

Available at Amazon, List Price $125

And for those who can splurge a little more this holiday season, why not gift Prada?

Sure, it's not a bag or a pair of shoes, but it's just as amazing.  This book showcases the past three decades of the world of Prada.  De-li-cious treat for the eyes!

These are just a few of the amazing options for fashion books.  I'm still adding to my own collection and am counting down the days until Christmas where I may just be surprised to be gifted some books of my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...